Home / Dr Christina Lienen
E-mail: [email protected]
Dr Christina Lienen is a public law academic, barrister and accredited mediator. She holds a PhD from University College London (UCL) (Outright Pass) and a master’s degree from
the University of Oxford (Distinction). Her academic work focuses on constitutional frameworks and rights, judicial reasoning, public law principles and critical socio-legal studies. She previously taught at leading UK universities, namely University College London (UCL), the University of Law (Bristol and London) and the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS). Her work has been published both in practitioners’ books and in peer-reviewed academic journals. Her first monograph – “Shaped by the Nuanced Constitution: A Critique of Common Law Constitutional Rights” – is due to be published by Hart Publishing (Bloomsbury) in April 2023.
Dr Lienen’s legal practice at the English Bar in London focused on public law, social care law, anti-discrimination and equality law, data protection and privacy law and planning law. She has also worked for public authorities, having previously been seconded to an in-house legal team at a local authority, focusing on judicial reviews, adult social care law and human rights law. She is affiliated with her previous chambers (Cornerstone Barristers) as an Associate Member.
Dr Lienen’s practice as a mediator currently focuses on community dispute resolution.
1. PhD in Law (Constitutional Law): University College London (UCL) (UK)
2. Mediation Foundation Certificate: Society of Mediators (UK)
3. Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC): City, University of London (UK)
4. Graduate Law Diploma (GDL): University of Law (London Bloomsbury) (UK)
5. Magister Juris (MJur): University of Oxford, Wolfson College (UK)
6. LL.B. European Law School: University of Maastricht (The Netherlands)
Block 11, 1st and 2nd floor, Dubai International Academic City PO Box 345015, Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 4 279 1400
Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2023 The British University in Dubai. All rights reserved.