Home / Dr Omar Alhyari / Research Activities
– Handling Unbalanced Pricing in Bidding Regulations for Public Construction Projects, Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, Vol. 14 , Issue 3.
– Is the Engineering and Construction Contract Legally Less Competitive Than the Red Book in Civil Law Countries? Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, 2022, Vol.14, Issue 3.
– Impact of Variation in Estimated Quantity Clauses on Allocating Financial Risks in Measurement Contracts, Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, 2021, Vol. 13, Issue 4.
– Post award arbitral tribunal’s mandate under the UNCITRAL Model Law and national laws based thereon, Heliyon, 2021, 7.
– Annulment of Arbitral Awards: A New Adoption of the UNCITRAL Model Law’s Legal Framework, Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, 2020, Vol. 12, Issue 3 (2021 Best Paper Award – issued by the Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction and the Construction Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers).
– Applicability of the 2017 FIDIC Red Book in Civil Law Jurisdictions, Arab Law Quarterly, 36 (2020) 1-20.
– Does the “new” UAE arbitration law need to be modified? International Arbitration Law Review, 2020, 23(4), pp. 253–278.
– Owners’ Obligations under FIDIC Construction Contracts, online: 22 December 2020, and hard copy in Collaboration and Integration in Construction, Engineering, Management and Technology (Part of the Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation book series), Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Construction in the 21st Century, London 2019, Springer, 2021, pp. 197–202.
– Does the Court under article 216 of the UAE Civil Procedures Law have the right to consider the validity of conversion of a sole establishment to an LLC company? Lexis Middle East Law Alert, December 2016.
– Challenging an Arbitral Award on Jurisdiction under UAE Law, Newsletter of the German Middle East Lawyers Association (GERMELA), May 2015, 5.
– Challenging Arbitral Awards under the Model Law and Arab and English laws based thereon, 2009, Germany, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG.
Block 11, 1st and 2nd floor, Dubai International Academic City PO Box 345015, Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 4 279 1400
Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2023 The British University in Dubai. All rights reserved.